Anna M. Kees
Attorney Anna M. Kees is an associate attorney with the law firm of Kim & LaVoy, S.C. Ms. Kees has quickly established herself as a formidable advocate through her no-nonsense approach in the courtroom. Her passion for criminal defense shows not only in her work ethic, but her genuine concern for her clients. Prior to joining Kim & LaVoy, S.C., Ms. Kees was in private practice with another law firm where her primary focus was in the area of criminal defense. She has handled hundreds of criminal matters in courtrooms all around Wisconsin and her excellent negotiation and litigation skills have resulted in successful outcomes - including dismissals.
Ms. Kees is also experienced in handling probation revocation proceedings, juvenile delinquency issues, mental health commitments, and restraining order hearings. In addition to criminal matters, Ms. Kees handles traffic citations and ordinance violations for the firm.
Ms. Kees is a graduate of Marquette University Law School where she earned honors in Advanced Legal Research and is an active member of numerous professional organizations such as the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Milwaukee Bar Association, the Waukesha County Bar Association, and the Washington County Bar Association.
Ms. Kees is admitted to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
In her leisure time, Ms. Kees participates in triathlons, enjoys traveling, and spending time with her friends and family.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drunk Driving Defense
- Traffic / Ordinance Violations
- Restraining Order Hearings
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- B.A. (Cum Laude)
- Major: Criminology and Law Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee County Bar Association, Member
- Washington County Bar Association, Member